- Whitlam was dismissed as Australian Prime Minister in 1975.
- Gough Whitlam becomes the first Australian Labor Party Prime Minister of Australia for 23 years.
- A kid who lived Gough Whitlam's dream that every child should have a desk with a lamp on it where he or she could study.
- In 1973, the year when Whitlam had been in power and Australia had established diplomatic relationships with China, the "White Australia Policy" was finally abolished.
- GOUGH WHITLAM: "Australia is moving in a new direction in its relationships with the world and specifically with the region in which Australia inevitably belongs.
- I remember as a teenager following closely the visit of Australia's Prime Minister Gough Whitlam to China on television in 1973 after the Australia Labor Government recognised China in 1972.