- The effects of magnetic trapping resonance on whistler wave instability caused by anisotropic distribution are studied.
- The group delay and dispersion of whistler wave are mainly dependent on ionization density.
- Inside the ion inertial region (z/d < 1), obliquely propagating whistler waves are unstable.
- The energy equation consists of(a) energy transfer of an electron beam which excites the whistler waves, and(b) energy transfer of whistler waves, which are described by conservation principle of wave action density.
- The frequency of the whistler waves associated with magnetic reconnection is from 10 Hz to 500 Hz in the magnetotail,and the waves are mostly observed in the neutral sheet, plasma sheet and plasma sheet boundary layer(PSBL).
- Bill wave his hand to us and then drive away.