- Fig 1. Shaping the whiskey glass.
- There were tears in his eyes. He threw the empty whiskey glass against the wall but so weakly that the heavy shot glass did not even shatter and rolled along the floor back to him so that he looked down at it in baffled fury.
他把喝完了威士忌的空玻璃杯往墙上扔去，但仍得软弱无力，又厚又结实的玻璃杯并没有碰破，掉下去之后在地板上向他滚来了。 他怀着满腔无处发泄的闷气，低头望着向他滚回来的玻璃杯。 接着，他又放声大笑。
- He's been drinking whiskey on the sly for thirty years.
- Have a glass of beer to rinse your dinner down.
- He drained the last of whiskey into my glass.
- A glass of whiskey will soothe you.