- n. 呜咽；啜泣；怨声
- v. 呜咽；啜泣；抽噎地哭；抱怨
a complaint uttered in a plaintive whining way
cry weakly or softly;
"she wailed with pain"
- I am listening for a cry or a whimper from upstairs .
- He could not possibly have endured a whipping without a whimper.
- The animal gave a pathetic little whimper.
- She always starts off with a bang but ends with a whimper.
- And if he starts to whimper, I'll just harmonize with him.
- The condemned prisoner cowered and began to whimper for clemency.
- The child was lost and began to whimper.
- Some whimper along life'way.
I heard him whimper,..and I realised he was still alive.出自： P. Sayer
The baby..is whimpering pathetically.出自： W. Perriam