the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something);
"the wait was an ordeal for him"
being and remaining ready and available for use;
"waiting cars and limousines lined the curb"
"found her mother waiting for them"
"an impressive array of food ready and waiting for the guests"
"military forces ready and waiting"
- He's so impatient that waiting in queues is sheer purgatory for him.
- One advantage is that she can play a waiting game.
- development of a seed
- How long have you been waiting?
- Passengers thronged the station waiting for their trains.
- I was angry with him for keeping me waiting.
- With expectant faces, children are waiting for the drama to start.
- waiting game 伺机而动的策略...
- waiting list 等候批准的申请人名单...
- waiting room 等候室
- call waiting 得等待,调用等待...
- lady-in-waiting 侍女
- call waiting ID 辨认待接电话...
- wait 等
- in waiting 侍奉
- waiting bid 候叫
- waiting line 队列
- message waiting 留言待取
- waiting call 等待呼叫
- waiting facility 等待设施
- waiting time 停工时间,等待期间...
- waiting bench 检录处运动员席...
- waiting charge 待时<等候>费...
- waiting man 男侍者
- waiting system 等待系统,等待制系统...
- waiting signal 等待信号
- waiting maid 女侍者