- an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
- an activity that varies from a norm or standard
- a repetition of a musical theme in which it is modified or embellished
- something a little different from others of the same type
- an artifact that deviates from a norm or standard
- the angle (at a particular location) between magnetic north and true north
- the process of varying or being varied
- (astronomy) any perturbation of the mean motion or orbit of a planet or satellite (especially a perturbation of the earth's moon)
- (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
- (ballet) a solo dance or dance figure
- the act of changing or altering something slightly but noticeably from the norm or standard
- There are trivial variations in a few commands.
- The branch of medical science that deals with the ability of human beings to tolerate environmental stresses and variations,as in space travel.
- This template allows for slight song variations.
- The melody is lingering, and rich in variations.
- Paradoxically, it has been far easier to map small variations.
- This is a set of variations on a theme by Mozart.
- The composer transformed a simple folk tune into a complex set of variations.