- 根本的,基础的 fundamental or basic
- 含蓄的,潜在的 latent or potential
- in the nature of something though not readily apparent;
"shortcomings inherent in our approach"
"an underlying meaning"
- located beneath or below
- being or involving basic facts or principles;
"the fundamental laws of the universe"
"a fundamental incomatibility between them"
"these rudimentary truths"
- The underlying assumption is that the amount of money available is limited.
- We dug down to the underlying rock.
- The underlying idea is an appealing one.
The underlying theme of the novel is very serious.
This word has its underlying meaning.
The underlying thought throughout that passage..is intimately connected with Shakespeare.出自：J. M. Murry
Changes took place..on the surface of their lives but the underlying material remained..the same.出自：P. Kavanagh
- underlying:underlying adj. 在下面的, 根本的, 潜在的, [商]优先的Google提供的广告…