- [U]运送,运输 transporting or being transported
- [U]运输工具 means of transport; vehicle or vehicles
- [U]流放,放逐 (in former times) sending a criminal to a distant land as a punishment
- a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
- the act of moving something from one location to another
- the sum charged for riding in a public conveyance
- the United States federal department that institutes and coordinates national transportation programs; created in 1966
- the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials
- the act of expelling a person from their native land;
"men in exile dream of hope"
"his deportation to a penal colony"
"the expatriation of wealthy farmers"
"the sentence was one of transportation for life"
- The Panama Canal has played a very important role in transportation.
- The building of the bridge is very important for the transportation between the two towns.
- The railroad gives free transportation for a certain amount of baggage.
- The train is a safe means of transportation.
The transportation of goods by air costs a lot.
My husband is using my car,so I have no means of transportation.
The transportation took off with its cargo at midnight.
In the past,British convicts could be sentenced to transportation.
- air transportation 空运
- bus transportation 公共汽车客运
- ground〔surface〕 transportation 地面交通
- mass transportation 大量运输
- railroad〔railway〕 transportation 铁路运输
- transportation company〔permit〕 运输公司〔许可证〕
This sentence..was commuted for one of transportation for life.出自：L. Strachey
Roads will face competition from other modes of transportation.出自：Sun (Baltimore)
- transportation, communication, traffic
这组词都与“交通”有关。communication指邮电、无线电、火车、公路等各种各样的交通方式或媒介; traffic指路上、街上车马行人往来的数量或货物、旅客运输的数量; transportation的本义是“运输”,现在常用来指距离较短的“交通”。
- transportation:transportation n. 运输, 运送Google提供的广告…