- E. coli and fecal streptococci are subsets of fecal coliforms, which are a subset of the total coliforms.
- Objective:Filter membrane fluorometry(FMF) was applied the determination of total coliforms,and its results were compared with standard filter membrane method(SM).
- The residual chlorine in tap water from the reservoir was less than 0.05 mg/L, the total count of bacteria was 940 cfu/ml, the total coliform bacteria was more than 1 600 MPN/100 ml and fecal coliforms was 130 MPN/100 ml.
- Methods According to the index of the total coliforms,we su m up and analyze all the surveying results of the water quality of the sea water near the Xiamen Gulangyu bathing beach in 2002.
- This paper put more emphases on the study of controlling of the total count of bacteria and the total coliform group by the combination of PPC and chloramine and by either of them.
- Keywords Total bacteria;Total coliforms;Count;