- (身体或精神)疲倦的; 困倦的 feeling that one would like to sleep or rest; weary in body or mind
- 对…不耐烦 having had enough of sb/sth/doing sth; impatient or bored with sb/sth/doing sth
- 陈旧的,陈腐的 hackneyed
depleted of strength or energy;
"tired mothers with crying babies"
"too tired to eat"
repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse;
"his remarks were trite and commonplace"
"a stock answer"
"repeating threadbare jokes"
"parroting some timeworn axiom"
"the trite metaphor `hard as nails'"
- I am not in the least tired.
- If you watch too much TV, you'll feel tired.
- We reached our destination, tired and hungry.
- I was too tired to walk any further.
- I'm tired of his complaints.
- The tired old man dragged himself slowly behind the others.
- She came in with a tired look.
- “I'm hungry,” said the little boy in a tired voice.
- He has a very tired face today.
- The scripts had a rather tired plot.
- I am a little tired.
- After a full day's work she was tired.
- The man fainted because he was tired and hungry.
- I wanted to climb the hill, but Bill objected that he was too tired.
- You would not feel tired this morning if you had gone to bed at a reasonable hour last night.
- I felt more tired this morning.
- You look tired.
- She was tired by the continual trips to the grocery, school and office.
- I am tired from mowing the lawn.
- I was tired from having sat up all night.
- We are getting tired of that bad temper of yours.
- Some years ago I knew a blacksmith who grew tired of his job and became an accountant.
- Everybody has got tired of his endless speech.
- She is never tired of talking about her clever son.
- The children have grown tired of playing the same game all day long.
- He is tired of selling men's underwear.
- When he became tired of riding he started to walk.
- I am tired of arguing with you.
- I am tired of being treated like a child.
- I'm tired of being reminded of what I should have done.
- Nowadays I seem tired with the least exertion.
- He was tired with long speech.
- I am tired with climbing that steep hill.
- He was too tired to go any farther.
- He is too tired to go, let me go instead.
- I'm so tired that I could sleep for a week.
- tired out
筋疲力尽 completely exhausted
- tired child 疲乏的孩子
- tired face 脏的脸
- tired look 疲倦的样子
- tired man 疲倦的人
- tired plot 陈腐的剧本的情节
- tired voice 有气无力地说
In about a week I was tired of seeing sights.出自： J. Buchan
He..massaged the tired muscles.出自： J. Steinbeck
I am tired enough to drop.出自：Lebende Sprachen
- tired的基本意思是“(身体或精神)疲倦的,困倦的”,形容气力、精力等减少或衰竭,也可表示“陈旧的,陈腐的”; 还可表示“对某人〔某事物〕或做某事不耐烦”,指兴趣减少或衰竭。
- 美国人常用be tired of表示“厌烦”,英国人则常用be sick of表示此义。
- tired的比较级为more tired,最高级为most tired。
- be tired of, be tired from
误 They were much tired after the long journey.
正 They were very tired after the long journey.