- (身体或精神)疲倦的; 困倦的 feeling that one would like to sleep or rest; weary in body or mind
- 对…不耐烦 having had enough of sb/sth/doing sth; impatient or bored with sb/sth/doing sth
- 陈旧的,陈腐的 hackneyed
- depleted of strength or energy;
"tired mothers with crying babies"
"too tired to eat"
- repeated too often; overfamiliar through overuse;
"his remarks were trite and commonplace"
"a stock answer"
"repeating threadbare jokes"
"parroting some timeworn axiom"
"the trite metaphor `hard as nails'"
- I am not in the least tired.
- We reached our destination, tired and hungry.
- I was too tired to walk any further.
- I'm tired of his complaints.
The tired old man dragged himself slowly behind the others.
She came in with a tired look.
“I'm hungry,” said the little boy in a tired voice.
He has a very tired face today.
The scripts had a rather tired plot.
I am a little tired.
After a full day's work she was tired.
The man fainted because he was tired and hungry.
I wanted to climb the hill, but Bill objected that he was too tired.
You would not feel tired this morning if you had gone to bed at a reasonable hour last night.
I felt more tired this morning.
You look tired.
She was tired by the continual trips to the grocery, school and office.
I am tired from mowing the lawn.
I was tired from having sat up all night.
We are getting tired of that bad temper of yours.
Some years ago I knew a blacksmith who grew tired of his job and became an accountant.
Everybody has got tired of his endless speech.
She is never tired of talking about her clever son.
The children have grown tired of playing the same game all day long.
He is tired of selling men's underwear.
When he became tired of riding he started to walk.
I am tired of arguing with you.
I am tired of being treated like a child.
I'm tired of being reminded of what I should have done.
Nowadays I seem tired with the least exertion.
He was tired with long speech.
I am tired with climbing that steep hill.
He was too tired to go any farther.
He is too tired to go, let me go instead.
I'm so tired that I could sleep for a week.
- tired out
筋疲力尽 completely exhausted
They are tired out and should go to bed early. 他们觉得很累,应该早点上床休息。
Bill was tired out so he took the day off. 比尔太累了,所以请了一天假。
- 筋疲力尽 completely exhausted
- tired child 疲乏的孩子
- tired face 脏的脸
- tired look 疲倦的样子
- tired man 疲倦的人
- tired plot 陈腐的剧本的情节
- tired voice 有气无力地说
In about a week I was tired of seeing sights.出自：J. Buchan
He..massaged the tired muscles.出自：J. Steinbeck
I am tired enough to drop.出自：Lebende Sprachen
- tired的基本意思是“(身体或精神)疲倦的,困倦的”,形容气力、精力等减少或衰竭,也可表示“陈旧的,陈腐的”; 还可表示“对某人〔某事物〕或做某事不耐烦”,指兴趣减少或衰竭。
- 美国人常用be tired of表示“厌烦”,英国人则常用be sick of表示此义。
- tired的比较级为more tired,最高级为most tired。
- be tired of, be tired from
误 They were much tired after the long journey.
正 They were very tired after the long journey.
- TIRED:THIRTYSOMETHING INDEPENDENT RADICAL EDUCATED Dropout受过良好教育的辍学生而立》独立的自由基
- tired:tired adj. 疲劳的, 累的, 疲倦的 英英解释:动词tire:1. get tired of something or somebody同义词：tire, pall, weary, fati…