- one of three equal parts of a divisible whole;
"it contains approximately a third of the minimum daily requirement"
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the third of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate);
"he is playing third"
- following the second position in an ordering or series;
"a distant third"
"he answered the first question willingly, the second reluctantly, and the third with resentment"
- the musical interval between one note and another three notes away from it;
"a simple harmony written in major thirds"
- the third from the lowest forward ratio gear in the gear box of a motor vehicle;
"you shouldn't try to start in third gear"
- the base that must be touched third by a base runner in baseball;
"he was cut down on a close play at third"
- coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position
- in the third place;
"third we must consider unemployment"
- The favourite came in third.
- This tennis player ranked third in the world.
- The boss docked a third of my wages.
- His party has one third of the seats in Parliament.
- At the end of the third scene the actress exits.
- This is the third Sunday in a row that it's rained.
- With this performance, she has notched up her third championship title.
- third party第三方
- third class三等的
- third person第三人称
- Third World第三世界
- third base三垒
- third force第三种力量
- third market第三市场
- third degree疲劳讯问(刑讯...
- third age第三时期
- third party insurance第三者责任保险...
- third baseman[棒]三垒手
- third dimension第三维
- the third estate第三等级
- the first third reading国会中议案的三读...
- third house(美国国会的)第三院...
- play third fiddle跑龙套,做无足轻重的...
I had been turned down twice and did not want it to happen a third time.出自：S. Bellow
We found our way into the city, the third largest in that country.出自：Blackwood's Magazine
Gay Tattoo Piercing Club. Regular meetings, 3rd Fri each month, 9pm.出自：Gay Times
- third:The article illustrate?[illustrates]happy people have four typical traits in paragraph 6 to 10. They...…