a naturally occurring weak estrogenic hormone secreted by the mammalian ovary; synthesized (trade name Estronol) and used to treat estrogen deficiency
- By the waning days of the Republic, only a few million Theelin pure-bloods and half-breeds survived.
- He spared the life of the offspring, since a Theelin female could prove most lucrative if she proved to be a true Diva.
- A cruel twist of mutation among the Theelin led to genetic incompatibility among their own kind, dooming the species to extinction.
- Ironically, some of the most powerful and stirring works of the Theelin were the masterpiece epitaphs that accompanied the extinction of their people.
- Their biological makeup was close enough to humanity that many Theelin bloodlines were continued through cross-breeding with human and near-human species.
- Long before the Theelin population dwindled to the point of near-extinction, the species contributed a number of great works to the rich tapestry of performing arts in the Galactic Republic.