the act of gripping something firmly with the hands (or the tentacles)
- Let's move the table. You take hold of that end.
- It's hard for him to take hold in the strange place.
- Taking hold of me, she locked onto me for half and hour.
- He took hold of the rope tightly.
- I feel hate take hold of my whole body.
- The memes take hold of the leash.
takingly taking Taking each step very slow. taking medicine after infusion taking criminal responsibility Taking Human as the Foundation taking the blame and resigning taking advantage of each other Taking photo of camerawoman. Taking Clothes to the Cleaners taking employment as the guide Taking everything in my stride