- Black Knight A company that makes a hostile takeover offer on a target company.
- The royal family of Qatar is considering a full takeover offer for supermarket J Sainsbury, a report says.
- Yahoo's decision is another broadside between the company and Microsoft, two months after the software giant withdrew its $47.5 billion takeover offer.
- Cadbury's mainly British investors are likely to want to see more cash in the takeover offer rather than shares in Kraft.
- Yahoo!extended the deadline for nominating members to its board, a move that gives it more time to explore alternatives to Microsoft's takeover offer.
- U.S. investment bank J.P. Morgan Chase has raised its takeover offer for troubled rival Bear Stearns from two-dollars a share to about 10 dollars.