pertaining to a feature of speech that extends over more than a single speech sound
- The main suprasegmental features include stress, intonation, and tone.
- The phonemic features that occur above the level of the segments are called suprasegmental features.
- Intonation, as a suprasegmental texture, cannot exist without sentences, for single words cannot form intonation contour.
- The corpus consists of mainly colloquial materials, covering as more phonetic phenomena as possible, including segmental and suprasegmental phonetic combinations.
- Suprasegmental Phonemes and Their Pragmatic Functions
- 3、Which of the following is NOT a suprasegmental feature?