- [S] 日,太阳 the burning star in the sky around which the Earth moves and from which it receives light and heat
- [S] [U] 日光,阳光 light and heat from the sun
- [C] 恒星 any star round which planets may turn
- vt. 晒太阳 expose oneself to the rays of the sun
- the star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system;
"the sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"
"the Earth revolves around the Sun"
- the rays of the sun;
"the shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
- a person considered as a source of warmth or energy or glory etc
- any star around which a planetary system revolves
- first day of the week; observed as a day of rest and worship by most Christians
- expose one's body to the sun
- expose to the rays of the sun or affect by exposure to the sun;
"insolated paper may turn yellow and crumble"
"These herbs suffer when sunned"
- The earth goes round the sun.
- The sun rises in the east.
- They sat in the sun roasting themselves.
- The diamond shone with every hue under the sun.
- The sun shines brightly.
- The trees outside the window blocked off the sun.
- Do you like to sun yourself on the beach?
- It is better for you to sun yourself more.
- They are sunning themselves on the beach.
The sun glared on the sea.
There I saw the glorious beams of the rising sun.
The rays of the late sun slanted in streams through the cypress trees.
The sunflower turns towards the sun.
It was the first of August, a perfect day, with a burning sun and a cloudless sky.
The room never gets any sun at all.
I've had too much sun,I don't feel very well.
She was sitting in the sun reading a book.
I closed my eyes and felt the warmth of the sun on my face.
Let's walk over to the sun on the other side of the street.
There are many suns that are brighter than our sun.
They sunned themselves on the beach.
She sat sunning herself in the garden.
- a place in the sun
显要的位置,成功 a fortunate position which gives favourable chances in life
The new generation of writers has achieved a place in the sun. 新一代的作家已功成名就。
They decided it was time to give him a place in the sun. 他们决定,是该给他一个重要职位的时候了。
- 显要的位置,成功 a fortunate position which gives favourable chances in life
- as...as the sun shines on
世界上最…的 the best sb/sth in the world
He is as kind a man as the sun shines on. 他是世界上少有的好人。
- 世界上最…的 the best sb/sth in the world
- catch the sun
晒黑 be tanned
She went on the beach for the first time this year and caught the sun all over her back. 她今年第一次去海滨,结果她的背全晒黑了。
- 晒黑 be tanned
- go round the sun to meet the moon
绕大弯 go the very long way round
The best bus to go by is number 63.A number 83 will also take you there, but that goes round the sun to meet the moon. 最好是乘63路,83路也可以到,但绕了个大弯。
- 绕大弯 go the very long way round
- in the sun
在阳光下 under the sunshine
The cat likes to sit in the sun. 猫爱晒太阳。
The clothes are drying in the sun. 衣服在阳光下晒干。
- 在阳光下 under the sunshine
- touch of the sun
有点中暑,有点病痛 illness or slight sadness caused by overexposure to the heat of the sun
Since he came back from India, the Colonel has been suffering from a touch of the sun. 自从那位上校从印度回来,他一直有点中暑。
- 有点中暑,有点病痛 illness or slight sadness caused by overexposure to the heat of the sun
- under the sun
全世界的,在世界上; 到底,究竟 everywhere; in the world; at all
I'm sure that he must have visited every country under the sun. 我敢肯定,他一定到过世界上每一个国家。
The president's assassination shocked everyone under the sun. 总统遇刺使全世界都为之震惊。
I have looked everywhere under the sun for my pencil. 我到处都找过我的铅笔了。
Where under the sun could I have put the purse? 我究竟把钱包放在哪儿了?
- 全世界的,在世界上; 到底,究竟 everywhere; in the world; at all
- with the sun
随着太阳; 在太阳升起〔落山〕时 at dawn or sunset
He gets up with the sun. 他日出时起床。
He goes to bed with the sun. 他日落时就寝。
- 随着太阳; 在太阳升起〔落山〕时 at dawn or sunset
- enjoy the sun 享受阳光的照射,享受阳光的温暖
- expose sth to the sun 使某物见阳光,使某物经受日晒
- get the sun 见到阳光,被阳光照到
- keep off the sun 避免太阳晒,避开阳光
- let in the sun 让阳光照射进来
- observe the sun 观察太阳
- rise with the sun 早起
- see the sun 活着
- shut out the sun 遮住阳光
- take the sun 晒太阳
- watch the sun 观察太阳
- the bright sun 明亮的太阳
- the burning sun 火辣辣的太阳,炽热的阳光
- the hot sun 烈日
- the rising sun 升起的太阳
- the setting sun 落日
- the evening sun 夕阳
- the midday sun 午日
- the midnight sun 南北极午夜的太阳
- the morning sun 旭日,朝阳
- the summer sun 夏天的太阳
- revolution about〔around,round〕 the sun 绕日运转
- from sun to sun 从日出到日落
- in the sun 在阳光下
- bathe in the sun 晒太阳,沐日光浴
- place in the sun 好的境遇
- read in the sun 在阳光下看书
- under the sun 在地球上,在世界上
- every country under the sun 世界上每一个国家
- with the sun 从左向右,顺时针
- sun oneself 晒太阳
Yclad in Armour shining like the Sun.出自：Hobbes
The possible collision of a comet with the sun.出自：J. Silk
The peacock..was sunning his gay plumage.出自：Lytton
- in the sun, under the sun
两者意思不同:in the sun的意思是“在阳光下”; 而under the sun的意思是“在世界上”“到底,究竟”。
误 A sun rises in the east.
正 The sun rises in the east.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sune，意为太阳。
- sunless adj. 不见太阳的,阴暗的
- sun:SUNSUN Microsystem co.Ltd. 1982: Getting StartedIncorporated in February 1982, with four employees. ...…