- The raffinate becomes less concentrated in soluble material as it moves toward the fresh solvent phase.
- The solvent phase ,called the extract, becomes more concentrated as it contacts in stagewise fasion the increaseingly solute -rich solid.
- During the process of solvent sublation separation, the mass transfer process between the aqueous and organic solvent phases is quick and out of equilibrium.
- They need the money to stay solvent.
- The child is going through a difficult phase.
- The two sets of traffic lights were out of phase.