the act of catching an object with the hands
a spell of cold weather
tender green beans without strings that easily snap into sections
a crisp round cookie flavored with ginger
the noise produced by the rapid movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand
a sudden sharp noise
a sudden breaking
the tendency of a body to return to its original shape after it has been stretched or compressed
an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera
a fastener used on clothing; fastens with a snapping sound
any undertaking that is easy to do
the act of snapping the fingers; movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand
(American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back
- I'm sorry I snapped at you just now.
- I snapped you sunbathing on the beach.
- The shark snapped its jaws shut.
- The violin string snapped because it was fastened too tight.
- The door snapped to.
- She snapped her bag shut.
- Suddenly the branch that he was standing on snapped off.
- The fish snapped at the bait.