- [C] 贫民窟,贫民区 a city area of poor living conditions and dirty unrepaired buildings
a district of a city marked by poverty and inferior living conditions
spend time at a lower socio-economic level than one's own, motivated by curiosity or desire for adventure; usage considered condescending and insensitive;
"attending a motion picture show by the upper class was considered sluming in the early 20th century"
- They've demolished the slum district.
- The bar in the slum is a den of iniquity.
- The slum area was sordid and filthy beyond belief.
- She could not speak the jargon of the slum.
- He grew up in a slum.
- As a social worker, she does a lot of work in slums.
Men come from the slums of Dublin to the middle classes.出自： D. Hogan
An ugly, distended slum building.出自： attrib.
For you it's fun to go slumming with me. But your real life's back there.出自： M. Gee