a substance that promotes drying (e.g., calcium oxide absorbs water and is used to remove moisture)
- The author states how to ensure siccative dimension stone engineering quality through his construction experiences.
- The proposed method is expected to effectively identify individual siccative oils as binding media in ancient paintings.
- By using temporal redundancy, upper and lower bounds of process measurements are added in the modified SICC method to avoid the misidentification of gross errors.
- A modified SICC (serial identification with collective compensation) method used in gross error detection and data reconciliation for chemical process is introduced in this paper.
- The siccative oils were identified via pyrolysis gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for linseed oil, walnut oil, poppy oil and tung oil used as binding media in ancient paintings.
- Factors of Cement Coating State in the Siccative Composition