- The wall stretches over 6,000 kilometers from the Shanhai Pass at Bohai to the Jiayu Pass in the west.
- But the spirit was trampled when Manchurians conquered the areas sooth of Shanhai Pass.
- Man-Han conflict had existed since the Qing troops took over the Shanhai Pass, but the conflict didn't threatened the rule of the Qing Dynasty.
- Shanhai Pass also marks the psychological entrance / exit of Manchuria, so that for centuries Manchuria was known as "outside the Pass" or "east of the Pass".
- In 1644, after two years of trying, the Manchus finally crossed the Great Wall by bribing an important general, Wu SanGui, to open the gates of ShanHai Pass and allow the Manchus into China.
- After 1644 when Qing conqueror marched through Shanhai pass into Beijing, and order requiring all males to shave the heads and keep long queues was issued, then appeared the trade of hair-shaving.