- SEPAT has been moving NW steadily during the past 24 hours.
- As Shanghai entered the flood season and influenced by the outer air circumfluence of the Typhoon Sepat, the swollen Huangpu River flooded the shallow areas of the bund.
- According to CWB, SEPAT made its first landfall at Central Taiwan at 5:40 a.m. this morning.
- SEPAT moved NW in the past 24 hours and now it is expected that SEPAT will track NW - NNW along the weakness between the two highs.
- Chinese meteorologists have issued the highest-level warnings for Sepat, which was moving north-west at a speed of 15 kph to 20 kph.
- THE powerful typhoon Sepat hammered into south-eastern China early today after officials had relocated nearly a million people to safer areas.