a unit of apothecary weight equal to 20 grains
uneasiness about the fitness of an action
an ethical or moral principle that inhibits action
hesitate on moral grounds;
"The man scrupled to perjure himself"
"He lied and did not even scruple about it"
have doubts about
- He has absolutely no scruples; he'll do anything to get what he wants.
- She will tell lies without scruple.
- Jane did it at once, and made no scruple about it.
- Don't scruple to ask for anything you want.
- She didn't scruple to take Tom from his wife.
Critics..will weigh me out, scruple by scruple, their judicial verdicts.出自： E. B. Browning
Let no man scruple my honourable mention of this noble enemy.出自： Defoe
- reservation 预定
- misgiving 疑虑
- qualm 疑虑
- doubt 怀疑
- compunction 良心的责备
- hesitation 犹豫
- regret 后悔
- second thought 再三考虑
- suspicion 猜疑
- confidence 信任