- [P] 安全的,不会有危险的; 不受威胁的,受保护的 out of danger; not threatened by harm; not able to be hurt; protected
- 没有受到损害的,平安的 not hurt; unharmed
- 不致导致损害或损伤的 not likely to cause or lead to damage injury, loss, etc.
- [A] 不冒险的,小心的 (of a person) unlikely to do dangerous things; cautious
- strongbox where valuables can be safely kept
- a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
- contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
- free from danger or the risk of harm;
"a safe trip"
"you will be safe here"
"a safe place"
"a safe bet"
- (of an undertaking) secure from risk
- having reached a base without being put out;
"the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball"
- financially sound;
"a good investment"
"a secure investment"
- There is no safe landing on that coast.
- It is not safe to drive like that, you must slow down.
- The rescuers brought the climbers back safe and sound.
- The train is a safe means of transportation.
- All valuables should be kept in the safe.
Only when they got to a safe place, could we regard ourselves as having done our duty.
The boat was caught in a strong current, but they rowed with might and main, and soon they got into safe waters.
We all wished him a safe journey.
They prayed for the safe return of the kidnapped child.
Flying is one of the safest forms of travel.
Keep these papers in a safe place.
Is this a safe place to swim?
Don't mention his divorce; stick to safe subjects.
You may accept the book as a safe guide.
I know you're a good safe chap.
A safe business man is unlikely to make huge profits.
The cab company wants to hire a safe driver.
Don't cry; you're safe now.
You'll be safe here.
The building was locked, and all of us within felt safe.
The house had been condemned because it was no longer safe.
He scolded the child but his heart was melted by the joy because she was safe.
The car crashed but he was safe.
The streets aren't safe at night.
Don't open the door to strangers, it's not safe.
Is the rope safe?
He was very ill, but the doctor says he's safe now.
Don't walk on that old roof— it isn't safe.
He is a very fast driver but he's safe enough .
We were safe from attack in the underground shelter.
We are here safe from the thunderstorm.
She got back safe from her adventure.
Are the toys safe for small children?
Is this water safe for drinking?
He pulled at the rope hanging from above to see if it was safe for the climb.
He was safe in the knowledge that Lowell was dead.
He is safe in accepting the offer.
You will be quite safe in using the plane.
I feel safe with my friend around.
Your secret is safe with me.
The dog is not safe to touch.
He is safe to accept the offer.
Mr. Hill is safe to win the seat.
It's not safe to gamble on the train arriving late.
It's not safe to go out at night.
It's not safe to leave the house unlocked.
Is it safe to swim here?
- a safe bet
肯定成功的事情 thing that is certain to be successful
I'm wearing black for the party— it's always a safe bet. 我穿黑色礼服去参加聚会——万无一失。
It's a safe bet that house prices will continue to rise. 可以肯定地说,楼房价格还会上涨。
- 肯定成功的事情 thing that is certain to be successful
- as safe as houses
非常安全 very safe
If you fix the brakes the car will be as safe as houses. 把制动器修好,汽车就非常安全了。
Your money will be as safe as houses with me. 你的钱放在我这儿是绝对安全的。
- 非常安全 very safe
- for safe keeping
妥善保管 being kept safely, protected, etc.
Before the game I gave my watch to my wife for safe keeping. 我在比赛前把手表交给妻子保管。
- 妥善保管 being kept safely, protected, etc.
- in safe hands
妥善照顾 carefully looked after
She wouldn't agree to the children going until she felt satisfied they would be in safe hands. 在她能确信她的孩子们会受到妥善照料以前,她是不会同意让他们去的。
- 妥善照顾 carefully looked after
- in (sb's) safe keeping
由(某人)保管〔保护〕 being kept safely, protected, etc. (by sb)
Can I leave the children in your safe keeping? 我把孩子交给你看管行吗?
Don't worry; your jewels are in safe keeping. 别担心,你的珠宝被妥善保管。
When I go away,I leave my papers in safe keeping in the bank. 我外出时,把自己的文件妥善地保存在银行里。
- 由(某人)保管〔保护〕 being kept safely, protected, etc. (by sb)
- on the safe side
为慎重起见,以防万一 taking no risks
Although the sun was shining,I took an umbrella to be on the safe side. 虽然有太阳,但我仍带了伞以防万一。
Let's take more money than we think we'll need, just to be on the safe side. 为稳妥起见,咱们带的钱要比想象所需要的多一些。
- 为慎重起见,以防万一 taking no risks
- play (it) safe
小心避开危险,慎重行事 carefully avoid risks
The bus might be early, so we'd better play safe and leave now. 公共汽车可能早到,因此我们得稳妥点,现在就动身。
When you are swimming, it's best to play it safe and not go too far from the shore. 游泳时最好稳当一些,不要离岸太远。
- 小心避开危险,慎重行事 carefully avoid risks
- safe and sound
As far as we ourselves are concerned, we are safe and sound. 至于我们自身,则安然无恙。
The fragile china survived the bumpy journey safe and sound. 那批易碎的瓷器经过颠簸的旅途而完好无损。
- 平安无事 unharmed
- safe bridge 牢固的桥
- safe chap 可靠的人
- safe driver 谨慎的司机
- safe estimate 有把握的估计
- safe guide 可靠的向导
- safe journey 旅途平安
- safe light 安全灯
- safe load 安全载重
- safe means 可靠的方法
- safe person 可靠的人
- safe place 安全的地方
- safe return 平安归来
- safe subject 不会引起是非的话题
- safe water 安全的水域
- safe enough 够安全
He had the papers safe in his pocket.出自：G. Greene
Safe in her sitting room Sister is putting her feet up.出自：J. Betjeman
- safe from后接表示危险、危害、进攻等的名词,意指“不会受到…的危险,免受…的伤害”。
- safe作“小心的”解时只用作定语; 作“安全的,不会有危险的”解时只用作表语; 作“没有受到损害的,平安的”或“不致导致损害的”解时用作表语,后可接介词短语或动词不定式。
- 在safe and sound短语中,常与arrive, come, return等动词连用,说明主语的状态。
- safe还可用作名词,意为“保险箱,保险柜”。例如:There was a small safe hidden behind that picture on the wall.墙上那幅画后面藏着一只小型保险箱。Put your valuables in the safe.把贵重物品放入保险箱。I suppose he left it in the safe.我想,他是把它遗忘在保险箱里了。
- Our building is safe from attack.
- Our building is safe against attack.
误 He always drives his car slowly and safe.
正 He always drives his car slowly and safely.
- ☆ 1430年左右入英进语，直接源自中古法语的en sauf，意为安全。
- safely adv. 安全地；平安地
- safe:safe n. 保险箱, 饭橱, 菜橱, 冷藏室adj. 免受攻击的, 安全的, 可靠的, 有把握的习惯用语as safe as house 万无一失的，绝对保险的on the safe side 不…