- [P] 安全的,不会有危险的; 不受威胁的,受保护的 out of danger; not threatened by harm; not able to be hurt; protected
- 没有受到损害的,平安的 not hurt; unharmed
- 不致导致损害或损伤的 not likely to cause or lead to damage injury, loss, etc.
- [A] 不冒险的,小心的 (of a person) unlikely to do dangerous things; cautious
strongbox where valuables can be safely kept
a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
free from danger or the risk of harm;
"a safe trip"
"you will be safe here"
"a safe place"
"a safe bet"
(of an undertaking) secure from risk
having reached a base without being put out;
"the runner was called safe when the baseman dropped the ball"
"a good investment"
"a secure investment"
- There is no safe landing on that coast.
- It is not safe to drive like that, you must slow down.
- The rescuers brought the climbers back safe and sound.
- The train is a safe means of transportation.
- They appointed a safe person as the new manager.
- All valuables should be kept in the safe.
- Only when they got to a safe place, could we regard ourselves as having done our duty.
- The boat was caught in a strong current, but they rowed with might and main, and soon they got into safe waters.
- We all wished him a safe journey.
- They prayed for the safe return of the kidnapped child.
- Flying is one of the safest forms of travel.
- Keep these papers in a safe place.
- Is this a safe place to swim?
- Don't mention his divorce; stick to safe subjects.
- You may accept the book as a safe guide.
- I know you're a good safe chap.
- A safe business man is unlikely to make huge profits.
- The cab company wants to hire a safe driver.
- Don't cry; you're safe now.
- You'll be safe here.
- The building was locked, and all of us within felt safe.
- The house had been condemned because it was no longer safe.
- He scolded the child but his heart was melted by the joy because she was safe.
- The car crashed but he was safe.
- The streets aren't safe at night.
- Don't open the door to strangers, it's not safe.
- Is the rope safe?
- He was very ill, but the doctor says he's safe now.
- Don't walk on that old roof— it isn't safe.
- He is a very fast driver but he's safe enough .
- We were safe from attack in the underground shelter.
- We are here safe from the thunderstorm.
- She got back safe from her adventure.
- Are the toys safe for small children?
- Is this water safe for drinking?
- He pulled at the rope hanging from above to see if it was safe for the climb.
- He was safe in the knowledge that Lowell was dead.
- He is safe in accepting the offer.
- You will be quite safe in using the plane.
- I feel safe with my friend around.
- Your secret is safe with me.
- The dog is not safe to touch.
- He is safe to accept the offer.
- Mr. Hill is safe to win the seat.
- It's not safe to gamble on the train arriving late.
- It's not safe to go out at night.
- It's not safe to leave the house unlocked.
- Is it safe to swim here?
- a safe bet
肯定成功的事情 thing that is certain to be successful
- as safe as houses
非常安全 very safe
- for safe keeping
妥善保管 being kept safely, protected, etc.
- in safe hands
妥善照顾 carefully looked after
- in (sb's) safe keeping
由(某人)保管〔保护〕 being kept safely, protected, etc. (by sb)
- on the safe side
为慎重起见,以防万一 taking no risks
- play (it) safe
小心避开危险,慎重行事 carefully avoid risks
- safe and sound
- safe bridge 牢固的桥
- safe chap 可靠的人
- safe driver 谨慎的司机
- safe estimate 有把握的估计
- safe guide 可靠的向导
- safe journey 旅途平安
- safe light 安全灯
- safe load 安全载重
- safe means 可靠的方法
- safe person 可靠的人
- safe place 安全的地方
- safe return 平安归来
- safe subject 不会引起是非的话题
- safe water 安全的水域
- safe enough 够安全
He had the papers safe in his pocket.出自： G. Greene
Safe in her sitting room Sister is putting her feet up.出自： J. Betjeman
- safe from后接表示危险、危害、进攻等的名词,意指“不会受到…的危险,免受…的伤害”。
- safe作“小心的”解时只用作定语; 作“安全的,不会有危险的”解时只用作表语; 作“没有受到损害的,平安的”或“不致导致损害的”解时用作表语,后可接介词短语或动词不定式。
- 在safe and sound短语中,常与arrive, come, return等动词连用,说明主语的状态。
- Our building is safe from attack.
- Our building is safe against attack.
误 He always drives his car slowly and safe.
正 He always drives his car slowly and safely.
- ☆ 1430年左右进入英语，直接源自中古法语的en sauf，意为安全。
- safely adv. 安全地；平安地