- He spent his sabbatical year doing research in Moscow.
- A sabbatical year is a period during which people take a break from their normal routine of work.
- a sabbatic; a sabbatic year; (Am.) a sabbatical
- The sabbatical year served to provide for the poor, and, in the wisdom of God, it provided a time to the soil to be replenished.
- Our firm is likely to reap a big profit this year.
- And except for sabbatical years, I used to give a second tithe in money, which each year I would go and disburse in Jerusalem.