shears with strong blades used for light pruning of woody plants
- An old gardener was upon the lawn, with a pair of pruning shears, looking after some bushes.
- Hold your pruning shears at a 45 degree angle, position the shears just above the top bud and make a clean cut.
- Once you have found a suitable stem, use a pair of sharp pruning shears to cut it from the plant.
- These look like small pruning shears and are used to cut through the ribs prior to lifting off the chest plate.
- Such a mountain looks as if someone had given God a new pruning shears, and forbidden Him all other exercise.
- Some prosectors actually use pruning shears from a hardware store, which are much less expensive.