- [U]出席,到场,存在 being present in a place
- [S][U]仪表,仪态 personal qualities and ways of behaving that have a strong effect on others
the state of being present; current existence;
"he tested for the presence of radon"
the immediate proximity of someone or something;
"she blushed in his presence"
"he sensed the presence of danger"
"he was well behaved in front of company"
an invisible spiritual being felt to be nearby
the impression that something is present;
"he felt the presence of an evil force"
dignified manner or conduct
the act of being present
- We shall be very glad to have your presence.
- She was so quiet that her presence was hardly noticed.
- He made believe not to be aware of my presence.
- Your presence at the party is requested.
- There seemed to be a ghostly presence in the room.
- She is too shy to speak in the presence of a large audience.
- He had a tremendous physical presence.
- in sb's presence
当着某人的面,有某人在场in the place where sb is; with sb there
- presence of mind
镇定自若ability to remain calm and act quickly and sensibly in a crisis
- acknowledge〔conceal〕 the presence of 承认〔掩盖〕…的存在
- have presence 有风度
- lose one's presence of mind 慌乱,失去理智
- request presence 恳请光临
- reveal sb's presence 展现仪态
- seek sb's presence 寻求同某人见面
- suspect the presence of danger 怀疑有危险出现
We are a gregarious people, needing the presence of others.出自： M. Mead
The presence of U-boats was detected.出自： R. Whelan
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的presence；最初源自拉丁语的praesentia，意为现在存在的。
- attendance 出席
- existence 存在
- occurrence 发生
- dignity 尊严
- air 空气
- being 存在
- appearance 出现
- company 公司
- incidence 发生(率)
- charisma 非凡的领导力...
- aura 气氛
- authority 权力
- poise 平衡
- soul 灵魂
- ghost 幽灵
- apparition 鬼
- spirit 精神
- ghoul 食尸鬼
- spectre 鬼怪
- specter 幽灵
- neighborhood 邻近
- front 正面
- bearing 轴承
- mien 风采
- comportment 举止
- absence 缺席