(informal) a quick private conference
a council of or with Native Americans
hold a powwow, talk, conference or meeting
- And such another powwow as they made!
- Every September, there is a powwow in the park.
- Seems we need to have another powwow.
- You are welcome to bring friends to attend the Powwow.
- Native American dancers invited Rotarians and family to join the powwow circle.
- In Elbow Bower the mower winnowed the winnowed the minnows away fro the powwow.
The defeated Comanche and Apache chiefs sought pow-wow with the Cheyenne.出自： J. A. Michener