a perfective tense used to express action completed in the past;
"`I had finished' is an example of the past perfect"
more than perfect;
"he spoke with pluperfect precision"
- A verb or form in the pluperfect tense.
- He spoke with pluperfect precision.
- In this case the pluperfect subjunctive is being used in both clauses.E.G.
- a pluperfect(form of a) verb phrase
- "He has won a reputation as[a] pluperfect bureaucrat" (New York Times)
“他赢得了 超级官僚的名声” (纽约时报)
- He has won a reputation as [ a ] pluperfect bureaucrat(New York Times)
- past perfect (动词的)过去完成时...
Jones recently described the period..as 'pluperfect hell' for companies while Europe adjusts to the single market.出自：Accountancy