"a plummy leading role"
(of a voice) affectedly mellow and rich;
"the radio announcer's plummy voice"
- Very plummy, with berry, currant and stone aromas.
- People were coming out of the woodwork to apply for the plummy job.
- Style:Dry red,medium-bodied,plummy flavors and smooth tannins.
- Style:Dry red,full-bodied,vanilla oak and plummy taste.
- Comments: Medimm-Bodied red wine with concentrated blackcurrant and plummy bouquet,velvet texture with vanilla oaky taste.
- "Where shall we camp?" She's seated on a protrudent rock. Her slim figure is plummy and salty.
A plummy job..that should certainly bring promotion.出自：Punch