- However, bacterial infections of lung can spread to the pleura to produce a purulent pleuritis.A collection of pus in the pleural space is known as empyema.
- Discussion of the therapeutic method and curative time of children with pleural empyema
- Objective To study the effect of sodium hyaluronate on pleural adhesions and fibrosis in a rabbit model of empyema.
- Purulent: numerous PMN's are present. Also called "empyema" in the pleural space.
- Pleural Disease is the forming of "plaques" on or thickening of the lining of the lung, or the lung pleura.