- Pleural Disease is the forming of "plaques" on or thickening of the lining of the lung, or the lung pleura.
- Pleural disease may also take the form of a pleural "effusion".
- Less common are cavities, lymphadenopathy, and pleural disease.
- Pleural Disease, Lung Cancer and Asbestosis are all linked to asbestos contamination.
- The incidence of mediastinal pleural involvement and thickening in MPM, OMPD and benign pleural disease (BPD) was 52%, 20.4% and 0%, respectively.
- Objective To evaluate clinical significance of pleural needle biopsy ( PNB) in diagnosis of pleural disease and its safety.