a blood thinner (trade name Plavix) approved for the treatment of mild heart attacks; works by preventing blood platelets from sticking together to form clots that would restrict blood flow
- How long the patients should be on Plavix with DES?
- Plavix, PPI Combo: Risky for Heart Patients?
- Calls to Plavix manufacturer Bristol Myers Squibb were not returned by publishing time.
- In a key study, prasugrel was compared against Plavix, co-marketed by Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi-Aventis.
- "If a patient on Plavix requires a PPI, it would seem to make sense to preferentially give them pantoprazole.
- "Literally millions of people who are taking Plavix and aspirin are also taking a PPI," he says.