- (时间等)消磨掉,过去; 去世; 终止; 停止
pass from physical life and lose all bodily attributes and functions necessary to sustain life;
"She died from cancer"
"The children perished in the fire"
"The patient went peacefully"
"The old guy kicked the bucket at the age of 102"
go out of existence;
"She hoped that the problem would eventually pass away"
- We were shocked to learn of his passing away.
- I am sorry to hear that he passed away last month.
- He would rhyme away the long evenings.
- Love makes the time pass.Time makes love pass.
- The rumbling of the train slowly died away.
- The shout from his heart never faded away in the snow field.
- pass away 逝世
- die，decease，expire，perish，pass away
- pass away是die的委婉用语。