- Pamuk GE, Vural O, Turgut B, Demir M, Pamuk ON, Cakir N.
- Last year, the academy gave the prize to Turkey's Orhan Pamuk.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature for 2006 is awarded to the Turkish writer Orhan Pamuk.
- Article 301 of the penal code, under which Orhan Pamuk, Turkey's best-known novelist, was prosecuted last year, remains on the books.
- Along with the other Laureates, Pamuk received his diploma and medal from Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf at Stockholm's concert hall, which was garlanded with some 13,000 flowers.