- One species: China, Nepal, Sikkim; C Asia (Pamir mountains).
- The highway snake s through three mountain ranges : the Himalayas , Karakoram and Pamir .
- Since Tajiks are living on the Pamir Plateau, they are also called "Eagles on High Mountains".
- The Pamir is known for its abundant deposits of coal, iron, copper, lead and zinc.
- C.) all had crossed over the Pamir Plateau and left their travel notes, which made their name throughout the world.
- Qing Dynasty took a series of measures to strengthen defense in Pamir area after Xinjiang was recovered in 1878.