- [C](长篇)小说 a long story, not in poetry, dealing with invented people and events
- 新奇的,新颖的,新的 new and strange; of a kind not known before
- an extended fictional work in prose; usually in the form of a story
- a printed and bound book that is an extended work of fiction;
"his bookcases were filled with nothing but novels"
"he burned all the novels"
- original and of a kind not seen before;
"the computer produced a completely novel proof of a well-known theorem"
- pleasantly new or different;
"common sense of a most refreshing sort"
- The novel is considered a brilliant performance.
- I like reading novels in my spare time.
- This film is based on a novel by D.H.Lawrence.
- It's a novel experience.
England is the birthplace of the modern novel.
She had written a novel about the strikes.
I like to read the novels of Charles Dickens.
He has a novel proposal of his own for meeting unemployment.
The new car has a novel appearance.
Flying gives people a novel sensation.
The design of this square is very novel.
Snow is novel to people from tropical countries.
I am afraid thy Brains are..disordered with Romances and Novels.出自：Steele
He was already in bed, with a novel shielding his face.出自：R. K. Narayan
She usually re-read three Austen novels each winter.出自：E. J. Howard
Much was novel to him, for he had little experience of the world.出自：G. Huntington
Technologically, novel industries will rise to process the output of the oceans.出自：A. Toffler
It was a novel and, I thought, an audacious approach.出自：K. Waterhouse
- novel, romance
- novel, fresh, new
这组词都有“新的”意思。其区别是：1.new和novel既可指具体的事物,也可指抽象的事物,例如:They built a new house.他们建造了一座新房子。Exercise made a new man of him.锻炼使他变了样。fresh多指具体的事物,表示一件事物原有的外貌、质量、活力等没有因时间或被使用过而改变; 用于抽象事物时,常指较客观地具有独特性的判断或思想; novel更强调别出心裁和与众不同,更具有新奇性和创造性,例如:What a novel thing you are so curious about ?什么稀奇东西让你这么好奇?2.new与old相对; fresh与stale相对。
- new fresh novel original innovative
- novel romance fiction story fable tale
- novel:novel n. 小说, 长篇故事adj. 新奇的, 新颖的, 异常的 英英解释:名词novel:1. a extended fictional work in prose; usually in t…