- Norditropin has receied orphan drug designation for the treatment of short stature associated with Noonan syndrome.
- Noonan Syndrome (NS) is a relatively common congenital genetic condition which affects both males and females.
- Noonan syndrome is classified as a rare condition with a population of less than 200,000.
- Howeer, fetal loss can occur in Noonan syndrome so actual incidence of the disorder may be higher than its prealence.
- Up to 80 percent of children with Noonan syndrome suffer from significant short stature.
- There is no specific pharmacologic therapy currently aailable, and treatment for Noonan syndrome focuses on its clinical features and complications.