- The hardest part in adapting the life in Holland is during Christmas holiday when no stores opened and no pedestrians on the street.
- Punctilious in their observation of traffic signs, they will wait at traffic-light-controlled pedestrian crossings even if there are no pedestrians in sight.
- There were no pedestrians about, only a couple of rickshaws ax the side of the road, their pullers standing by them, their hands cupped over their ears and stamping their feet to keep warm.
- Whether it rains or not makes no difference to me.
- The cruel landlord would bate him no rent.
- No horse has a speed comparable to that of his.