- Consumers are hoarding their cash, companies are mothballing investment plans.
- Developers are frantically scaling back projects, or even mothballing them.
- Many companies are mothballing mines and curtailing exploration to conserve cash as prices tumble.
- Investors have mothballing options that stop to produce temporally if profit less than zero and start to produce if profit more than zero.
- Neither plane maker wants to slash production, because of the costs associated with laying off workers and mothballing production facilities.
- Miners of these metals daily face crises similar to Camec's and mothballing mines around the world to save cash as they wait for a price recovery.