- vt. & vi. 混合,搅和 combine so that the parts no longer have a separate shape, appearance, etc.
- vt. & vi. (使)结交,(使)交往 (cause to) associate with
- [C]混合,结合 mixture or combination of things or people
- [C][U]食物混合配料 mixture of ingredients sold for making kinds of food, etc.
- a commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients
- an event that combines things in a mixture;
"a gradual mixture of cultures"
- the act of mixing together;
"paste made by a mix of flour and water"
"the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio"
- mix together different elements;
"The colors blend well"
- open (a place) to members of all races and ethnic groups;
"This school is completely desegregated"
- combine (electronic signals);
- add as an additional element or part;
"mix water into the drink"
- to bring or combine together or with something else;
"resourcefully he mingled music and dance"
- mix so as to make a random order or arrangement;
"shuffle the cards"
- You can't mix oil with water.
- If you mix blue with yellow, you'll get green.
- For better flavor, you can mix an egg into the batter.
- Her son's return made her mix joy with sorrow.
- He finds it hard to mix at parties.
- Pink and blue mix well together.
- Alcohol and drugs is a deadly mix.
- Add the water and give it a good mix.
He was preparing fodder, chopping finely and mixing thoroughly.
Some chemicals do not mix.
The two colours don't mix well.
She doesn't mix well.
People from different classes used to mix very little.
She mixed egg, meat and spice.
The painter was busy mixing his colours.
I've mixed my Chinese books and my Elgnish books.
Many women successfully mix marriage and career.
You can mix blue and yellow paint to make green.
The price tags on these commodities are mixed.
I'm going to mix you a drink.
He mixed his guests a salad.
The doctor is mixing some medicine for me.
She mixed a nice drink for me.
Her husband mixed the colour for her.
His first reaction was a strange mix of joy and anger.
The talk was conducted in a mix of English,French and German.
His art is a mix of many styles.
Air is a mix of gases.
Shake the mix well before taking.
Take great care not to spill the mix.
Cake is made from a packaged mix.
I'm in a mix.
It's a question of getting the right mix of policies to appeal to the electorate.
There was a strange mix of people at the party.
- mix in (v.+adv.)
把…混〔掺〕入 put (sth) in by mixing mix in sth
After you have beaten the eggs, mix in the flour gradually.将蛋打好后慢慢地掺入面粉。
能与别人友好相处 be able to have a friendly social relationship with others mix in
Rose has never liked parties, as she doesn't mix in easily.露丝从不喜欢聚会,因为她不善与人交往。
She is very difficult to mix in.她很难相处。mix in sb/sth
He mixes well in any company.他和什么人都合得来。
They used to mix in society.他们以前常出入社交界。
- 把…混〔掺〕入 put (sth) in by mixing mix in sth
- mix into (v.+prep.)
把…混〔掺〕入… put (sth) into (sth) by mixing mix sth into sth
Mix some salt into the flour.在面粉里掺些盐。
- 把…混〔掺〕入… put (sth) into (sth) by mixing mix sth into sth
- mix up (v.+adv.)
混合 confuse; blend (different things) together
She mixed up flour and water. 她把面粉和水搅匀。
You have mixed up all our pencils. 你把我们的铅笔都弄混了。
Dinner will be ready as soon as I finish mixing up this salad dressing. 我把色拉调料一调好,咱们就吃饭。
Please don't mix my papers up. 请不要把我的文件弄乱了。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
They are all mixed up. 他们都混杂在一起了。
把(某人)搞糊涂; 分不清 make (sb) confused about sth; confuse or muddle different sb/sth
Now you've mixed me up completely! 你可把我全弄糊涂了。
You will mix me up if you ask me to do two jobs at once. 如果你叫我同时做两样工作,你就会把我搞糊涂的。
Even the twins' mother mixes them up. 甚至连他们的妈妈也分不清这对双胞胎到底谁是谁。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The postman was mixed up, so he delivered the package to the wrong house. 邮递员糊涂了,所以他将包裹投错了。
No wonder the boy turned criminal, he had been mixed up all through his childhood. 难怪这孩子犯了罪,他的童年是在困惑中过来的。
I have a terrible headache, and my thoughts are all mixed up. 我头疼得厉害,脑子里一团乱麻。
I feel very mixed up about life. 我对于人生感到非常迷惑。
Your ideas are all mixed up. 你的想法全乱了。
The tourists were very mixed up when they arrived. 游客到达时搞不清东西南北了。
I was so mixed up that I could not work out the problem. 我糊里糊涂的算不出这道题。
- 混合 confuse; blend (different things) together
- mix up in (v.+adv.+prep.)
卷入,牵连进去 involve; implicate mix sb up in sth
Don't mix me up in your affairs.你别把我牵扯到你们那件事里去。用于 be ～ed 结构
He was mixed up in the conspiracy.他参与了那次阴谋。
Don't get mixed up in dispute.不要卷入纠纷中。
Don't get mixed up in other people's quarrels.不要卷入别人的争吵。
I wonder how he got mixed up in the case.我不明白他是怎样卷入那个案件的。
Don't get mixed up in their secret action.别参与他们的秘密行动。
It is a lie to say that one won't get mixed up in politics.说一个人可以不参与政治实属谎言。
- 卷入,牵连进去 involve; implicate mix sb up in sth
- mix up with (v.+adv.+prep.)
分不清 confuse or muddle different sb/sth
It's easy to mix him up with his brother; they're so much alike. 很容易把他和弟弟搞错,因为他们俩长得特别像。
The teacher always mixes me up with another student. 老师总把我与另一名学生弄混。
He sometimes mixes up “a little” with “a few”. 他有时分不清a little 和a few。
与(某人)混在一起 have a relationship with (sb often undesirable)
Mary's father told her not to get mixed up with the students that always broke school rules. 玛丽的父亲叫她不要与那些老是违反校规的学生交往。
Don't get mixed up with those hooligans. 别跟那些流氓混在一起。
I don't want to get mixed up with any illegal organization. 我不想与任何非法组织有牵连。
- 分不清 confuse or muddle different sb/sth
- mix with (v.+prep.)
(使)与…混〔结合〕 be combined with (sth) mix with sth
This paint mixes easily with water.这种颜料容易与水混合。
Jack's plaid shirt didn't mix well with his striped trousers.杰克的方格衬衫与条纹长裤不相配。mix sth with sth
We can sometimes mix business with pleasure.有时候我们能把工作和享乐结合在一起。
Mix the eggs with the flour.把蛋和面粉搅拌起来。用于 be ～ed 结构
The paint has to be mixed with oil.这颜料得用油调和。
与(某人)交往,在(人群)中周旋 have a relationship with (sb); move among (people), speaking to many mix with sb
Do the boys mix with the girls in your class?你们班男女生之间有来往吗?
Good parents never allow their children to mix with bad elements.好父母绝不允许自己的孩子和坏人来往。
Tell them not to mix with doubtful company.让他们不要和不三不四的人来往。
In my job,I mix with all sorts of people.在我的工作中,我与各种人打交道。
- (使)与…混〔结合〕 be combined with (sth) mix with sth
- mix a cake 调配原料制成蛋糕
- mix cocktails 调制鸡尾酒
- mix flour and water 把面粉和水拌和
- mix medicine 配药
- mix mortar 拌和砂浆
- mix one's drinks 调配饮料
- mix plaster 和灰泥
- mix wine and water 把葡萄酒和水掺和起来
- mix little 很少交往
- mix well 相处得很好
- mix carefully 仔细地搅拌
- mix confusingly 乱调
- mix curiously 严重地混淆
- mix determinedly 果断地结交
- mix discreetly 慎交
- mix easily 易于相处
- mix experimentally 根据实验调配
- mix freely 自由交往
- mix inextricably 复杂地混合
- mix intimately 亲密地交往
- mix marvelously 极好地配制
- mix oddly 奇怪地混淆
- mix thoroughly 完全混合
- mix in 加入,牵涉进去,卷入,参与
- mix up 搅匀,拌和,混淆,搞糊涂
- mix up in 卷入,牵连进去
- mix up with 分不清,与(某人)混在一起
- mix much in society 社会交际甚广
- mix the flour and water into a smooth paste 把面粉和水调成细腻的糨糊
- mix a little soda into the flour 在这面粉中掺进一点苏打水
- mix the yeast into the flour 把鲜酵母掺进面粉
- mix the cotton into wool 在羊毛中掺进棉花
- mix with 与…混合,与…交往
- mix work with adequate rest 劳逸结合
- mix sugar with flour 把糖和面粉调和在一起
- mix with foreigners 与外国人交往
- mix joy with sorrow 悲喜交加
- mix the boys with the girls in a school 男女同校
- mix much with the natives 与本地人交往甚多
- mix black with white 混淆黑白
- mix water with wine 在酒中掺水
You'll be ruined. Oh, poor Mr. Welling! Oh, what a fatal, fatalsmix!出自：W. D. Howells
Ezechial was a typical product of this cultural mix.出自：B. Emecheta
Their own hair..they mix with a great deal of false.出自：M. W. Montagu
Mix a small quantity of salt with the food.出自：John Baxter
- mix用作不及物动词时,常与in, with等连用,与in连用时,考虑的是集体; 与with连用时,考虑的是单个成员。
- 有人认为mix together这种说法不妥,应该去掉together,但实际上确实有这种用法。例如:Good and evil mixed together.善良与邪恶混在了一起。
- mix, blend, confound, merge, mingle
这组词均表示“混合”的意思。其区别在于:merge强调混合的结果不能区别原来各要素,已成为另外一新体; blend强调融合或混合在一起的不同物质的原有特性已消失,含有在混合的过程中需要技巧、知识和明确的目的之意,可用于各种物质,但多用于流体或气体的混合; confound指由于概念不清而将不同的事物混在一起; mingle是指两种不同的东西或不同身份的人混合在一起,尽管本质未改变,外表上已难以识别; mix指混合的结果,其性质合而为一,原来的各要素有时仍可识别。
- Oil and water do not mix.
- Oil does not mix with water.
- You cannot mix oil and water.
- You cannot mix oil with water.
误 Don't mix this problem with that one.
正 Don't mix up this problem with that one.
析 mix sth with sth 表示“把…和…混在一起”。如果表示“把…和…搞混淆”,应该说mix up sth with sth 或confuse sth with sth。mix up with是mix with的强势语。
误 I was mixed up with happiness and sorrow.
正 I had mixed feelings of happiness and sorrow.
析 get〔be〕 mixed up是“混淆,搞糊涂”,或是与某人或某事“有牵连”的意思。“悲喜交加”可译作mix feelings of happiness and sorrow。
误 I always mix the tenses of verbs together.
正 I always mix up the tenses of verbs.
析 “混淆,搞不清楚”的英语是mix up,而不是mix sth together。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的miutxs，意为混合。
- MIX:Multiservice Interchange (Cisco Systems, Inc.)思科交换(需转变成多服务有限公司)
- MIX:Multicast-Friendly Internet ExchangeMulticast-Friendly网路交换
- MIX:Multimedia Internet Exchange多媒体网络交流