- [C]媒介,手段,方法,工具 means by which sth is expressed or communicated
- [C]折中,中间物 sth that is in the middle between two extremes
- [C]生活条件,环境 substance or surroundings in which sth exists or moves or is transmitted
- [C]通灵的人,关亡人 person who claims to be able to communicate with the spirits of the deed
- [A]中等的,适中的 in the middle between two amounts, extremes, etc.
- a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
- the surrounding environment;
"fish require an aqueous medium"
- an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
- (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
- a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
- (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
- an intervening substance through which something is achieved;
"the dissolving medium is called a solvent"
- a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position;
"a happy medium"
- someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead;
"he consulted several mediums"
- (usually plural) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
- an occupation for which you are especially well suited;
"in law he found his true metier"
- around the middle of a scale of evaluation;
"an orange of average size"
- (meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
- The clothes should be washed at medium temperature.
- Commercial television is an effective medium for advertising.
- Sound travels through the medium of air.
- Television is a very efficient medium for spreading information.
There will be a fuss when the media get hold of the story.
This is an effective medium.
Copper is a good medium for the conduction of heat and electricity.
Water is the natural medium in which most fish live.
He has a medium body.
- a/the happy medium
中庸之道,折中办法a way of doing sth that is halfway between two opposite ways that are possible
We find a happy medium between working too hard and not working at all. 我们在劳累地工作和不工作之间找到一个折中办法。
- 中庸之道,折中办法a way of doing sth that is halfway between two opposite ways that are possible
Is there no medium between going to Court, and going a hunting?出自：I. Milner
- 注意medium的复数形式有两种，一种是mediums，另一种是media。在精神层面上来说，一般只用复数mediums，如spiritualist mediums表示巫师。表示除了精神层面以外的时，两者都可以用，但是media更为普遍。
错句：her skills extend to almost all mediums.
纠正：her skills extend to almost all media.
- ☆ 1584年左右进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语m的ediumm的edius，意为中间代理，交流渠道。
- medium:美国电视剧 中文译名:《灵媒辑凶》NBC公司2005年推出第一季,现第二季已结束女主角Allison Dubois（Patricia Arquette）生活在亚利桑那州菲尼克斯市，由于有通灵的能力，她…