(mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
(genetics) the process of locating genes on a chromosome
- There is a map of the world on the wall.
- He spread the map flat out on the floor.
- The road we should take is marked on the map.
- On the map the drains of each field are laid sown.
- I found this old map in the family archives.
- I prick the map with a pin to show our route.