- The surrounding province of North Maluku province have felt.
- Xinhua Jakarta on September 27 (reporter Yu Li) in the eastern Indonesian waters near Ambon, Maluku Province, 27 occurred on the Richter 5.7 earthquake, there were no casualties and property losses.
- Indonesia Meteorological and physical bodies on the 11th, North Maluku province in Indonesia occurred in the morning of that day’s 7.6 quake, no casualties and property losses reports.
- One of the most interesting non-standard features of the Malay variety that is spoken in the North Maluku region is the system of directionals that is used to encode relative spatial location.
- Devolution may also have helped restore a degree of social harmony in places such as Poso (in Sulawesi) and Ambon (in Maluku) which had been riven by sectarian violence between Muslims and Christians.
- Officials report about 990 people have died in fighting between Christians and Muslims during the past two weeks in Maluku and North Maluku provinces, some 1,600 miles northeast of Jakarta.