- Since she came into office, everyone knew that Makiko Tanaka would not be an average foreign minister.
- Makiko Fujino, a ruling party candidate in the city of Nagoya, where an 81-year-old woman died from the new flu, brought disinfectant along to her rallies.
- Breaking the tradition of the main character for a Monday night drama being a woman in her 20's, Esumi Makiko stars as Kyoko Asaoka, a 32-year-old heart surgeon working at a hospital in Tokyo.
- In 1993, the year her father passed away, Makiko Tanaka ran for the first time for the House of Representatives from the third constituency of Niigata.She was elected with the highest number of votes.
- Yoko is a young girl constantly bullied by her self-centered and monster of an older sister Makiko, who works for a government office after graduating from a prestigious university.
- Japanese housewives and "office ladies" are now glued to the tube during the afternoons, when Japan's parliamentary debate is televised: they can't wait to watch Makiko Tanaka take on the men and win.