- The government reports some 42,000 migrants, including refugees and asylum seekers, are sheltered in 95 makeshift sites, mostly in Guateng and Western Cape provinces.
- Spokesperson Ron Redmond expressed concern about the huge numbers of displaced people seeking refuge at makeshift sites in the Afgooye corridor, southwest of the capital.
- He says the teams, which include two senior protection officers, are assessing the needs at the makeshift sites near police stations and other public venues.
- He says the teams which include two senior protection officers are (recessing) assessing the needs (of makeships) at the makeshift sites near police stations and other public venues.
- Use an empty crate as a makeshift for a table.
- They made a makeshift table from boxes.