- adj. 高傲的；高贵的；不可一世的；贵族气派的
- adv. 高傲地；不可一世地
of or befitting a lord;
"heir to a lordly fortune"
"of august lineage"
having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy;
"some economists are disdainful of their colleagues in other social disciplines"
"his lordly manners were offensive"
"walked with a prideful swagger"
"very sniffy about breaches of etiquette"
"his mother eyed my clothes with a supercilious air"
"a more swaggering mood than usual"
- He dismissed people with a lordly gesture.
- Your lordly expression is unyielding like the granile.
- That was a lordly and charitable enterprise.
- His lordly manners angered everyone.
- The family owns a lordly mansion.
- There were a few lordly poplars before the house.
Lordly or absolute Monarchy is the best and most natural Government.出自： John Hall
Pensioning off supernumerary members of lordly houses.出自： E. Miall
Lordly neglectful of a worth unknown.出自： R. Savage
In a land where few were poor, if none Were lordly rich.出自： W. Morris