- Among all Conrad's works, Lord Jim has been regarded as a landmark and one of the world's literary masterpieces.
- Monsoon Wife is the first film to be shot entirely on location in Cambodia since LORD JIM in1964.
- What Conrad explores in Lord Jim is also the expressions of the themes of existentialism.
- Monsoon Wife is the first film to be shot entirely on location in Cambodia since LORD JIM in 1964.
- Absorbing the theories of psychoanalysis and phenomenology etc, the western critics have conducted systematic criticism of Lord Jim and widened the research of this novel.
- On the one hand, Lord Jim is principally based on Marlow"s aural telling, in which he recounts Jim and other characters" speech as the complement of his narration.