- The lonic was a rectangle of sheer linen or fine Indian cotton, later of silk, but was caught together over the arms by fibula or buttons forming loose sleeves when belted.
- The trailing green villus leans on the wind, smiling and waving hand to me, calling for me to spread my loose sleeves like wings; together with fairies, we fly to the green land outside the world.
- He folded back his sleeves and back to work.
- Bind the rope fast lest it should come loose.
- The tractor has make deep furrow in the loose sand.
- My mother tacked the sleeves on before sewing them.