a word borrowed from another language; e.g. `blitz' is a German word borrowed into modern English
- At last ,it expatiated the new trend of loanword in modern chinese.
- Although "sofa" is a loanword, everyone knows its meaning.
- The regulation of loanword uses,however,has not been satisfactory.
- The word-building ways mainly consist of homonym,overlap,metaphor,metonymy,abbreviation,loanword or explaining a word in another way.
- Free translation and loanword defined with totally different standards are two definitions on different layers.
- It is not necessary that the meaningful transliteration should be a loanword of semantic transliteration.
- loan 贷款